Trade & Non-Trade - Body Builder
Varley Group is an Australian company that has a rich history spanning over 135 years. We have evolved into a highly successful, diverse, and multi-national engineering operation servicing a wide variety of major sectors. With over 600 employees, our company reputation is built on providing first-class work, manufacturing quality products, and providing unsurpassed service. It is our broad but specialised skills base, and employees that have a passion for doing a good job that gives us a competitive edge.
We have a permanent position based at Narangba for an experienced Vehicle Builder/Fabricator, working a 4 day week roster (Monday – Thursday, 6.30am-4.30pm). This role will involve working on various emergency and specialized vehicles, truck builds and one off mobile medical vehicles, using a range of materials. To be considered for this role you will:
- Be trade qualified or worked in the trade for minimum 3 years.
- Have experience in vehicle body building, boat building or associated fabrication trade.
- Be proficient in MIG welding (TIG also but not essential) of steel and aluminium.
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, and follow instructions and work procedures
- Ability to assemble vehicles and conduct repairs
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high quality of workmanship, attention to detail
- Be physically capable to perform repetitive tasks – lifting, bending, twisting
- Successfully complete a pre-placement medical including D&A testing
Varley Group has a reputation for being a trailblazer. The first to purchase new technology, the first to try a new way, and the first to do things that nobody else has done. Our thirst for innovation will continue to shape our future and we are looking for employees that want to help us continue on this journey. We provide:
- Great life/work balance with a 4 day roster – Monday to Thursday
- Variety of work on innovating and market leading projects
- Permanent Position
- Opportunity for career development and encouragement to work across teams to build your skills and experience
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Mentoring and development programs
- Years of Service Recognition
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience with the above selection criteria.
Varley Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Job Family Technical and Trades
- Pay Type Hourly
- Narangba QLD 4504, Australia